The travel brochures and websites you looked at makes it appear effortless, and you see yourself having the ultimate Instagram holiday. But what about all the things you don’t know. Like getting ripped off at a money changer, or which ATMs frequently chew your card while still debiting your account!
Remove the stress from holidaying in Bali by getting Bali Holiday Secrets: An Insider’s Guide to the Perfect Bali Holiday. Learn about the real price of day tours and how to get the best deal. Understand what do in a medical emergency (or just where to go if you think it’s more than a common cold).
Bali Holiday Secrets will give you an insiders guide to how to make your time in Bali everything you want it to be. I have seen first-hand the problems tourist’s encounter on holiday in Bali. And I have put together a guide that will make you an expert before you get here!
The most useful, up to date, practical and unaffiliated information
Thanks for this email and for your awesome website. Of all the Bali websites that I have looked at, it has the most useful, up to date, practical and unaffiliated information, which I have referred to and used many times over during and whilst planning my trips to Bali. Thank you so much.
Pre-arrival: Bali Airport, ATMs, Changing Money
- Arriving at Bali airport is friction-free because you know if a bathroom break is better before or after Immigration.
- How to get from Bali Airport to Seminyak.
- Pre-booking Airport Transfers makes getting to your hotel or villa stress-free.
- Follow my 6 Rules How to Safely Exchange Money for risk-free currency exchange.
- Learn which ATMs are safe to use and more importantly, which ones to avoid.
- Knowing the location of the best ATMs are in Seminyak.
This really has helped me plan my family's holiday so much Michael. I used to just change traveller's cheques or cash at the hotels I stayed at and I knew it was expensive but I didn't trust using money changers or ATMS. Now I know! I'm sending this to all my friends. Thank you again, it really is a wonderful resource.
Taxis, Private Drivers and advice on getting around.
- Getting around is easy when you know how to catch a taxi in Bali or use a ridesharing app.
- Hiring a private car and driver is easy when you know how much and what to expect.
- Get picked up from the airport and keep your private driver for the day.
- Learn the risks and rewards of hiring scooters, what kind of bike and the price you should pay.
- Minimise the friction of being pulled over for a traffic fine (Premium Subscribers Only)
Great confidence builder!
I was always too scared to get taxis until now. Been here a few times but just reading this everything makes sense. I now take a private driver for longer trips and make sure the meter is on in a bluebird taxi on shorter trips before letting him get going. And I always tip the Grab guys to make up for the dirt cheap price!
Where to go: Attractions, Beach Clubs, Temples and more
- Bali social life is all about spending the day at the Best Beach Clubs in Bali.
- Find out which of the Most Popular Tourist Attractions in Bali you want to see.
- Go to Ubud for a day – monkeys, markets, temples and great food.
- See the famous Danu Beratan, the Floating Temple.
- Visit Lempuyang Temple, the Gates of Heaven.
- Got for a tour to Gigit Waterfall.
- Go on an amazing Aling-Aling Waterfall Adventure Tour.
- Watch the sun come up on a Mount Batur Sunrise Trek.
- Visit the 4 Best Waterfalls Near Seminyak.
- Go White Water Rafting in Ubud.
- See the Bat Cave, Water Temple, Virgin beach and Lempuyang with East Bali Day Tour.
- Visiting a Balinese temple is a must. Check out my comprehensive temple guide.
- Understanding local customs when visiting temples is just common courtesy.
- Chasing Bali’s Most Amazing Waterfalls is an adventure you won’t regret.
- Up your Instagram game by visiting the famous Bali Swings.
- Know what Nyepi, Bali’s Day of Silence means for tourists.
- Book a transfer back to Bali Airport.
That was an awesome day!!!
Wow! We couldn't have asked for more, from the time Putu picked us up to the time we got back to the hotel it was an epic day! There is SO MUCH to see in and around Ubud...and thankfully Putu knew which were the one-ways so we didn't waste time going round and round like some other people we talked to over lunch. And thank you so much for the tips about where to have lunch and Putu is an absolute gem!! Thank you Michael, that was a day to remember...
Restaurants, Shopping, Live Music & more
- Know where to eat and drink with The Ultimate Guide to Restaurants, Cafes & Bars in Seminyak.
- Know where the Best Shopping Malls are and how to get there.
- Find the Best Supermarkets in Seminyak.
- Find the best live music venues in Bali.
- Follow my guide to my favourite cafes in Bali (some you will never have heard of).
- Know where to make reservations at Bali’s Best Fine Dining Restaurants.
- And if anything bad does happen, be prepared with details for Bali’s Best International Hospitals.
- Use the same Travel Debit Card on the market as I do.
- Make sure you have the Best Travel Insurance for Bali.