An Insider’s Guide to the Perfect Bali Holiday
Travel can be stressful, especially when your expectations are high.
Which they probably are when holidaying in Bali. You want everything to be perfect.
And let’s face it…. if you haven’t been to Bali before you probably don’t know a lot of the small but important differences in culture that can make the difference between a train-wreck and a fantastic holiday.
The travel brochures and websites you looked at makes it appear effortless, and you see yourself having the ultimate Instagram holiday. But what about all the things you don’t know. Like getting ripped off at a money changer, or which ATMs frequently chew your card while still debiting your account!
Remove the stress from holidaying in Bali by getting Bali Holiday Secrets: An Insider’s Guide to the Perfect Bali Holiday. Learn about the real price of day tours and how to get the best deal. Understand what do in a medical emergency (or just where to go if you think it’s more than a common cold).
Bali Holiday Secrets will give you an insiders guide to how to make your time in Bali everything you want it to be. We have seen first-hand the problems tourist’s encounter on holiday in Bali. And we have put together a guide that will make you an expert before you get here!
Here is What Makes for a Perfect Bali Holiday.
- Arriving at Bali airport is friction-free because you know if a bathroom break is better before or after Immigration.
- Transfers from the airport to your hotel or villa is stress-free.
- Follow my 6 Rules How to Safely Exchange Money for risk-free currency exchange.
- Learn which ATMs are safe to use and more importantly, which ones to avoid.
- Knowing the location of the best ATMs are in Seminyak.
- Getting around is easy when you know how to catch a taxi in Bali or use a ridesharing app.
- Hiring a private car and driver is easy when you know how much and what to expect.
- Learn the risks and rewards of hiring scooters, what kind of bike and the price you should pay.
- Minimise the friction of being pulled over for a traffic fine (Premium Subscribers Only)
- Bali social life is all about spending the day at the Best Beach Clubs in Bali.
- Find out which of the Most Popular Tourist Attractions in Bali you want to see.
- Got for a tour to Gigit Waterfall.
- Visiting a Balinese temple is a must, and my comprehensive location guide will help you get there.
- Understanding local customs when visiting temples is just common courtesy.
- Chasing Bali’s Most Amazing Waterfalls is an adventure you won’t regret.
- Up your Instagram game by visiting the famous Bali Swings.
- Know where the best shopping malls are and how to get there.
- Find the best live music venues in Bali.
- Follow my guide to my favourite cafes in Bali (some you will never have heard of).
- Know where to make reservations at Bali’s Best Fine Dining Restaurants.
- And if anything bad does happen, be prepared with details for Bali’s Best International Hospitals.
- Use the same Travel Debit Card on the market as I do.
- Make sure you have the Best Travel Insurance for Bali.
The best travel advice about money ever!!
I went to Bali last year and had my card swallowed and now I know why!! About to go on my second trip with the girls and you have the best travel advice about money ever!! I always thought some of those ATMs were dodgy but now I know it's ok to get money from the airport or from one at a bank.
These chapters are all about the little things you may never have thought of until it’s too late. Whenever I had friends or family read these chapters before coming to Bali they always responded: “Good To Know!”
You will probably just want to skim these so they answer your basic questions — like whether to bring cash, credit cards or change your dollars for Indonesian Rupiah before or after you get to Bali — and then you can reference it in more detail when you need to know something specific in detail, like the location of safe ATM’s in Seminyak for example.
Much more inspiring are the collection of chapters in Things To Do, which as you guessed it focussed on activities and attractions that you may not have heard of, or if you have contains detailed information like entrance fees and location maps.
These will make your holiday planning so much easier. Knowing what’s on offer and how long it will take to get there is worth it just by itself, but I’ve included a whole lot of up-to-date information, like the new craze for Bali Swings and the comprehensive guide to chasing waterfalls there is.
Guide to Bars, Cafes and Restaurants
Guide to where to eat and drink in Bali.
Guide to Hospitals and Doctors in Bali
Your guide to medical treatment from doctors, hospitals and medical centres in Bali. Which hospitals to use, location maps and emergency phone numbers.